Located on Cherry Street
The John W.C. Trowell House was constructed around 1902 by Mr. Trowell and his wife, Ella. It is located near the central business district and adjacent to 3 churches important to the community during the Trowells’ lifetime.
Mr. Trowell suffered from a debilitating illness and during the times he was resting, Mrs. Trowell would place a “Be Quiet” sign out front so others would not disturb him.
It is classic Queen Anne Victorian architecture with its important interior designs still evident. The home was renovated to become a bed and breakfast inn in 1990. After the inn closed, it was used as a single family dwelling for many years. Recently, it was returned to its use as a bed and breakfast.